Seattle Audubon’s Youth Membership is called The Rookery! The Rookery offers fun, meaningful opportunities for youth and their families who are interested in learning about and protecting birds and their habitats.
Rookery members will receive:
- An official Rookery membership card
- Quarterly Rookery activity books, full of games, puzzles, outdoor activity ideas, coloring pages, and more!
- Special invitations to Rookery-members-only activities like:
- Family bird walks
- Movie nights
- Service learning opportunities
- Up-to-date information on other family/youth-friendly activities hosted by Seattle Audubon
Upcoming Fledglings and Friends Story Time (ages 2-5), always hosted at The Nature Shop from 10:30-11:15 a.m.:
- Wednesday, December 20th, Winter Residents
- Wednesday, January 17th, Hibernation
Mark your calendars for the following scheduled events for Rookery members and their friends:
- Youth Class - The Science of Flying: Uncover the mystery of bird flight! Monday, January 15th, 3-4pm, Seattle Audubon Nature Shop.Call 206-523-4483 to RSVP.
- Family Duck Walk: Thursday, February 22nd, (that's mid winter break!) 10-11am, Green Lake Park. We will meet in front of the boathouse, next to the main parking lot. Call 206-523-4483 to RSVP.
Do you have a child who would be interested in joining the Rookery? All children of current Seattle Audubon members are automatically eligible for Rookery membership! Simply email our Member Services Associate and provide your child's name and birthdate. To renew your household membership, or to purchase a Rookery-only membership for just $10, click here!
We want to know what you think!
Hey Rookery member families! Now that the Rookery Youth Membership program is a year old, we want to know what you think. Have you enjoyed our monthly events? Why haven't you been able to attend one? How have you enjoyed the Activity Book? We'd like to know what you like about being a Rookery member and what could be done better. The survey only takes 5 minutes, but the info you provide will be so valuable. Thank you!