Seattle Audubon’s Youth Membership is called The Rookery! The Rookery offers fun, meaningful opportunities for youth and their families who are interested in learning about and protecting birds and their habitats.
Rookery members will receive:
- An official Rookery membership card
- Quarterly Rookery activity books, full of games, puzzles, outdoor activity ideas, coloring pages, and more!
- Special invitations to youth and family-friendly activities like:
- Family bird walks
- Movie nights
- Service learning opportunities
Upcoming Fledglings and Friends Story Time (ages 2-5), always hosted at The Nature Shop from 10:30-11:15 a.m.:
- Wednesday, March 21, Fancy Plumage
- Wednesday, April 18, Earth Day
Mark your calendars for the following scheduled events for Rookery members and their friends:
- Recycled Materials Hummingbird Feeder Making: Bring your empty, clear water bottles and small clear plastic tupperware on Satruday, Mrch 17th, 10-11a.m., Seattle Audubon Nature Shop.Call 206-523-8243 x108 to RSVP.
- Seabirds and Beach Clean-Up: Friday, April 13, (that's spring break!) 10-11:30am, Brackett's Landing, Edmonds, WA. Call 206-523-8243 x108 to RSVP.
- Youth Bird-a-thon Big Day in May: Saturday, May 12, 9 a.m. to noon, at Discover Park (Stay tuned for registration information coming in April!)
Do you have a child who would be interested in joining the Rookery? All children of current Seattle Audubon members are automatically eligible for Rookery membership! Simply email our Member Services Associate and provide your child's name and birthdate. To renew your household membership, or to purchase a Rookery-only membership for just $10, click here!
We want to know what you think!
Hey Rookery member families! Now that the Rookery Youth Membership program is a year old, we want to know what you think. Have you enjoyed our monthly events? Why haven't you been able to attend one? How have you enjoyed the Activity Book? We'd like to know what you like about being a Rookery member and what could be done better. The survey only takes 5 minutes, but the info you provide will be so valuable. Thank you!