Seattle Audubon’s Youth Membership is called The Rookery! The Rookery offers fun, meaningful opportunities for youth and their families who are interested in learning about and protecting birds and their habitats.
Rookery members receive:
- An official Rookery membership card
- Quarterly Rookery Activity Books full of games, outdoor activity ideas, coloring pages, and more!
- Special invitations to youth and family-friendly activities like family bird walks, movie nights, and service learning opportunities
Fledglings and Friends Story Time (ages 2-5), always hosted at The Nature Shop from 10:30-11:15am:
- Wednesday, November 20: Salmon
- Wednesday, December 19: Penguins
- Wednesday, January 16: Snow
- Wednesday, Feburary 20: Hummingbirds
- Wednesday, March 20: Flowers
Neighborhood Bird Walks: Schedules and location vary. All Neighborhood Bird Walks are free, and welcome all ages. For more information and the schedule, click here.
Christmas Bird Count: Be a citizen scientist for a day and sign up for Feeder Watch and count birds from the comfort of your own home! For more information, click here.
Do you have a child who would be interested in joining the Rookery? All children of current Seattle Audubon members are automatically eligible for Rookery membership! Simply email our Member Services Associate and provide your child's name and birthdate. To renew your household membership, or to purchase a Rookery-only membership for just $10, click here.