We are very excited to officially kick off Seattle Audubon’s Youth Membership: The Rookery! In accordance with our new Strategic Plan: Seattle Audubon 20/20, we are expanding our youth and family programming so that we really do reach all learners from age 3-103. The Rookery is a way for us to offer fun, meaningful opportunities for youth who are interested in learning about and protecting birds and their habitats all year round!
Each new Rookery member will receive:
- An official Rookery membership card
- Quarterly Rookery activity books, full of games, puzzles, outdoor activity ideas, coloring pages, and more!
- Special invitations to Rookery-members-only activities like:
- Family bird walks
- Movie nights
- Service learning opportunities
- Up-to-date information on other family/youth-friendly activities hosted by Seattle Audubon
Upcoming family-friendly events hosted by Seattle Audubon:
- Fledglings and Friends Storytime: Wed, Jan. 18th, 10:30-11:15am at the Seattle Audubon Nature Shop
- Fledglings and Friends Storytime: Wed, Feb. 15th, 10:30-11:15am at the Seattle Audubon Nature Shop
Mark your calendars for the following scheduled events for Rookery members and their families only*:
- Bird Movie Bingo Night! Thu, Jan. 12th, 6:30-7:30pm at the Seattle Audubon Nature Shop
- Family Duck Walk- Wed, Feb. 1st (no school for Seattle Schools!) 10-11am at Greenlake. (We will meet in front of the Green Lake Boathouse)
*Please RSVP to Rookery-only events by calling 206-523-4483.
Do you have a child who would be interested in joining the Rookery? All children of current Seattle Audubon members are automatically eligible for Rookery membership! Simply email our Member Services Associate and provide your child's name and birthdate. To renew your household membership, or to purchase a Rookery-only membership for just $10, click here!