We are very excited to officially kick off Seattle Audubon’s Youth Membership: The Rookery! In accordance with our new Strategic Plan: Seattle Audubon 20/20, we are expanding our youth and family programming so that we really do reach all learners from age 3-103. The Rookery is a way for us to offer fun, meaningful opportunities for youth who are interested in learning about and protecting birds and their habitats all year round!
Each new Rookery member will receive:
- An official Rookery membership card
- Quarterly Rookery activity books, full of games, puzzles, outdoor activity ideas, coloring pages, and more!
- Special invitations to Rookery-members-only activities like:
- Family bird walks
- Movie nights
- Service learning opportunities
- Up-to-date information on other family/youth-friendly activities hosted by Seattle Audubon
Upcoming family-friendly events hosted by Seattle Audubon:
- Fledglings and Friends Storytime: Wed, April 19th, 10:30-11:15am at the Seattle Audubon Nature Shop
- Fledglings and Friends Storytime: Wed, May 17th, 10:30-11:15am at the Seattle Audubon Nature Shop
Mark your calendars for the following scheduled events for Rookery members and their families only*:
- Restoration Work Party with EarthCorps: Saturday, April 15th at Magnuson Park Kite Hill. (Download a youth participation waiver here.)
- Bird-a-thon "Big Morning in May": Saturday, May 13th, 9am-noon. To join the Rookery Youth Member Bird-a-thon team, click here.
*Please RSVP to Rookery-only events by calling 206-523-4483.
Do you have a child who would be interested in joining the Rookery? All children of current Seattle Audubon members are automatically eligible for Rookery membership! Simply email our Member Services Associate and provide your child's name and birthdate. To renew your household membership, or to purchase a Rookery-only membership for just $10, click here!