Seattle Audubon’s Youth Membership is called The Rookery! The Rookery offers fun, meaningful opportunities for youth and their families who are interested in learning about and protecting birds and their habitats.
Rookery members receive:
- An official Rookery membership card
- An Activity Book full of games, outdoor activity ideas, coloring pages, and more!
- Special invitations to youth and family-friendly activities like family bird walks, story times, and service learning opportunities
Fledglings and Friends Story Time (ages 2-5), always hosted at The Nature Shop from 10:30-11:15am on the third Wednesday of the each month!
- March 18: Fungus and Mushrooms (CANCELLED)
- April 15: Earth Day (Cancelled)
- May 20: Raptors
Family Nature Walks at the Magnuson Children's Garden: (all ages with parent supervision) Scheduled on the last weekend of each month. Walk start times and meeting locations vary. Each waslk focuses on a different theme, like beavers, bats, birds, aquatic insects, frogs, and more!
Neighborhood Bird Walks: Schedules and location vary. All Neighborhood Bird Walks are free, and welcome all ages.
Do you have a child who would be interested in joining the Rookery? All children of current Seattle Audubon members are automatically eligible for Rookery membership! Simply email our Member Services Associate and provide your child's name and birthdate. To renew your household membership, or to purchase a Rookery-only membership for just $10, click here.